View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001310||Ham Radio Deluxe||Bug||public||2013-12-23 21:44||2019-02-24 15:12|
|Platform||Win XP SP3||OS||Win XP SP3||OS Version|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||184.108.40.206|
|Summary||0001310: Logbook Column Alignment Not Working|
|Description||Unable to change alignment of logbook column data.|
|Steps To Reproduce||Open logbook.|
Right click column heading.
Chose "Align Left" "Align Center" "Align Right"
Alignment of data does not change.
|Additional Information||Reported by KH2D|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
||Replicated and Confirmed|
||Confirmed in 633|
||Confirmed as a remaining problem in 654|
Super curious problem. The CodeJock library gives us the header control and list view control in the Logbook's view.
It's the header control that offers the menu to change alignment. It has code to react to those menu commands; that code should flick the status bits on the column and force them to draw aligned.
Because our PDBs are broken, I can't debug into the CodeJock code to see if that code is actually working.
However, if I add code that dumps the alignment for columns, it never shows me that an alignment is set. And if I write code that slams the alignment ot an i dentifiable value when the column is created, it also doesn't work.
So, something's up here, but I can't see what it is. I'm suspicious that the CodeJock wrapper for the list view control we're trying to use is doing something we don't expect, but I don't have documentation for the Codejock library.
Fiddled with it a little more, and I CAN set the alignment manually in code. So the problem is between the CodeJock header menu items and the CodeJock list view control.
That means I'll have to park this issue until we've got working PDBs across the product. At that point, I can debug the CodeJock code and see what's going on in there.
Okay! Finally had a moment to look at this again. Super easy to figure out now that we've got a propery development setup with good PDBs product-wide.
Turns out the alignment code is built into CodeJock. It sets the alignment by getting the parent window of the header control, and double-checking to see if the parent is a kind of CListView or CListCtrl window ... which makes sense, otherwise it can't handle the alignment setting.
The Logbook's database view has a DECLARE_DYNCREATE declaration, but it wasn't wired-up correctly; the base class was set to CView instead of CXTListView. This gave it the wrong type, and wasn't a kind-of CListView. With the RTTI hooked-up correctly, everything seems fine.
Fixed with this checkin:
Wow... cool! This one has been out there for quite some time.
|2013-12-23 21:44||WA9PIE||New Issue|
|2013-12-23 21:44||WA9PIE||Assigned To||=> Support|
|2013-12-24 09:33||WA9PIE||Project||2 - Next Dev List (Holding Area) => @5@|
|2013-12-24 22:12||WA9PIE||Status||assigned => new|
|2014-01-30 22:22||WA9PIE||Release||=> 6.1|
|2014-01-30 22:22||WA9PIE||Module||=> Logbook|
|2014-01-30 22:22||WA9PIE||Sub-Module||=> General|
|2014-01-30 22:22||WA9PIE||Report Build||=> 220.127.116.11|
|2014-01-30 22:22||WA9PIE||Note Added: 0000209|
|2014-01-30 22:22||WA9PIE||Assigned To||Support =>|
|2014-01-30 22:22||WA9PIE||Status||new => confirmed|
|2014-02-02 11:43||WA9PIE||Summary||Logbook Column Alignment Not Working => Bug: Logbook Column Alignment Not Working|
|2014-02-02 11:43||WA9PIE||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2014-02-02 11:43||WA9PIE||Steps to Reproduce Updated||View Revisions|
|2014-02-02 16:40||WA9PIE||View Status||private => public|
|2015-09-17 13:17||WA9PIE||Category||Logbook => Bug|
|2015-09-17 13:19||WA9PIE||Project||@5@ => 1 - Backlog|
|2015-09-29 14:10||WA9PIE||Fix Build||=> (select)|
|2015-09-29 14:10||WA9PIE||Summary||Bug: Logbook Column Alignment Not Working => Logbook Column Alignment Not Working|
|2017-03-05 21:46||WA9PIE||Note Added: 0003111|
|2017-06-24 08:25||WA9PIE||Project||1 - Backlog => 3 - Current Dev List|
|2017-06-25 22:19||WA9PIE||Note Added: 0003320|
|2017-06-25 22:20||WA9PIE||Assigned To||=> K7ZCZ|
|2017-06-25 22:20||WA9PIE||Status||confirmed => assigned|
|2017-06-25 22:20||WA9PIE||Sub-Module||General => Appearance/UI|
|2017-07-10 19:48||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0003612|
|2017-07-10 20:08||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0003613|
|2017-07-10 21:59||K7ZCZ||Relationship added||has duplicate 0002097|
|2017-09-18 00:14||WA9PIE||Project||3 - Current Dev List => 2 - Next Dev List (Holding Area)|
|2018-07-18 10:37||K7ZCZ||Relationship added||has duplicate 0002811|
|2019-01-20 19:31||K7ZCZ||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2019-01-20 19:31||K7ZCZ||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2019-01-20 19:31||K7ZCZ||Testing||=> Not Started|
|2019-01-20 19:31||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0007041|
|2019-01-21 02:36||WA9PIE||Project||2 - Next Dev List (Holding Area) => 3 - Current Dev List|
|2019-01-21 02:36||WA9PIE||Status||resolved => closed|
|2019-01-21 02:36||WA9PIE||Fixed in Version||=> 18.104.22.168|
|2019-01-21 02:36||WA9PIE||Testing||Not Started => Beta Successful|
|2019-01-21 02:36||WA9PIE||Note Added: 0007052|
|2019-02-24 14:40||WA9PIE||Fixed in Version||22.214.171.124 => 126.96.36.199|
|2019-02-24 15:12||WA9PIE||Project||3 - Current Dev List => Ham Radio Deluxe|