View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002129||1 - Backlog||Bug||public||2017-07-13 08:47||2019-06-15 11:30|
|Platform||Intel i7-5960X||OS||Windows 10 Professional x64||OS Version||1703|
|Summary||0002129: Logbook: ALE always sets "599" to "Send" and "Rcvd" fields|
The ALE slams "599" into a couple fields when those fields are blank. It shouldn't change a field unless the user intends to edit it; or the automatic intent of the window is clear (like tracking frequency).
|Steps To Reproduce|
1) Open your favorite database
2) Make sure the logbook view shows the "Sent" and "Rcvd" columns. A good way to do this is with the default "Award Tracking" layout
3) Find a record that has blank "Sent" and "Rcvd" entries
4) Double-click the entry you've found
BUG#1) in the resulting ALE window, the "RST Sent" and "RST Rcvd" fields are now "599"
5) Press "Update", even though you haven't made any changes.
BUG#2) The record has been updated to contain "599" in both fields
|Tags||No tags attached.|
I agree. In the Modify context, the ALE dialog should only be populated with logged data, i.e. remove "default" values from all fields in the ALE Modify context.
Having said that each context has the ability to set RST values and defaults, but I cant seem to get it to accept blank as a legit value (the OK button goes inactive. ALE>Options>RST Rcvd/Sent