View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002680||Ham Radio Deluxe||Enhancement||public||2018-04-17 07:41||2019-03-10 23:56|
|Platform||Intel i7-5960X||OS||Windows 10 Professional x64||OS Version||16299|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0002680: Documentation: could explain WSI a bit better|
|Description||The WSI section of the Logbook's documentation could stand some improvement.|
1) The documentation doesn't describe the "B", "M" or "C" columns shown in the settings dialog screenshot -- what do these mean? (Turns out the reader can deduce the meaning from the right-most column in the dialog box, once they get over the fact that "=" isn't a column heading.)
2) The product shows a column "S" which isn't described. What does it mean?
3) The documentation doesn't explain the "QSL types in Worked Status Indicators" group box. What do these controls do/mean? What is a "Confirmation search"?
4) Which logbook is the "ONLY open logbook" if I have multiple logbooks open? Does this mean the logbook with the currently selected tab? But maybe no logbook is selected (eg, when the Logfile tab is selected)?
|Steps To Reproduce||This section: https://wiki.hamradiodeluxe.com/index.php/Logbook#WSI|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
I've updated the documentation.
The row coloring is based on WSI values, but colored rows are not WSIs.
I have no idea what a "Confirmation Search" is and I can't find any reference in the Wiki or the UI.
The addition of this "Use ONLY open logbook for WSI" is problematic and I opposed its addition. There are a whole lot of potential problems and unanswered questions here. Among them:
- What if there are multiple logs open?
- What if this option is checked, but the "Include in worked status lookups" is selected for unopened databases? Is this a conflict? I don't know. (see image)
But at this point, the documentation is as complete as it's going to get without answering some of these questions.
Closing this item.
|2018-04-17 07:41||K7ZCZ||New Issue|
|2018-07-28 13:44||K7ZCZ||Relationship added||related to 0002801|
|2019-03-10 21:55||WA9PIE||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2019-03-10 21:55||WA9PIE||Steps to Reproduce Updated||View Revisions|
|2019-03-10 23:56||WA9PIE||Status||new => closed|
|2019-03-10 23:56||WA9PIE||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2019-03-10 23:56||WA9PIE||Note Added: 0007669|
|2019-03-10 23:56||WA9PIE||Project||3 - Current Dev List => Ham Radio Deluxe|