View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002822||Ham Radio Deluxe||Bug||public||2018-07-31 04:54||2019-03-06 20:06|
|Platform||PC||OS||Windows||OS Version||10 64 bit Home|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||188.8.131.526|
|Summary||0002822: Logbook not saving USA State data|
|Description||Open the Logbook ALE and enter a USA callsign.|
The State is not saved when the ALE is closed.
|Steps To Reproduce||These steps to replicate were tested on my system (Tim (KB3NPH)) while Mike C was connected via TeamViewer in order to verify the process.|
Open Logbook and on main menu click "Tools > Configure > Callsign Lookup" and set the lookup order to:
1. QRZ.com Subscription
3. Country List
Then click the [Apply] followed by [OK]
1. Click [Add] icon to open the ALE
2. IMPORTANT STEP: Check the TABS that are across the ALE screen that are about 2/3 of the way down the page and make sure the "LOGBOOK" tab is selected.
3. Enter a USA callsign in the "Call" field and either click the "TAB" key on your keyboard or click the [Lookup] button on the ALE GUI.
4. After the lookup you will note the "State" field is populated with the proper state ID.
5. Click the [Add (f7)] button to save the QSO to the Logbook. Check the saved record and you will see the State ID is not populated in the logbook record.
BE SURE TO DO THIS NEXT PROCEDURE ALSO. It may give an idea of exactly where the problem is.
1. Open the ALE by clicking the [Add] icon
2. For this test select and open the "Location" tab in the TABS on the ALE screen about 2/3 of the way down the page.
3. Enter a USA callsign in the "Call" field as did in the first procedure.
4. Click the "TAB" key on your keyboard or click the [Lookup] button on the ALE GUI to initiate the lookup.
5. Note that the lookup process populated both the normal "State" field in the upper part of the screen and also the "State" field in the "Location" tab display.
6. Click the [Add (F7)] button on the GUI to save the contact to the logbook.
7. Check the record saved in the logbook from this test and notice the State ID HAS been saved in the record as it should be.
This procedure demonstrates the State is NOT saved if the "Logbook" tab is selected and the State IS SAVED if the "Location" tab is select. Most customers have the "Logbook" tab selected by default since they can see in the Status window any/all previous contact records with the call entered in the "Call" field of the ALE.
|Additional Information||As posted by one user.|
When you open a previous entry with the state field blank, if your ALE window has the LOCATION tab selected, you can do another lookup from QRZ.com and then save the change and the State field WILL be saved. If you did not select the LOCATION tab then it WON'T be saved.
The same is true for a new lookup, if you have the Location tab selected, the state WILL be saved, if you don't, it WON'T.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
As far as I can tell, this is a duplicate of 2824. 2822 was opened first, but 2824 has a bit more detail in the repro case so let's start with that one.
||Yes, it is a duplicate of 2822 so that can be deleted.|
As I mentioned in 2824, this is a much better repro case than 2824. Tim and I went step-by-step in writing the steps for this (2822). I had the expectation that these steps would replace the ones in 2824.
Regardless, let's leave them both open until we fix this. We now have a number of people complaining.
The work-around for this (from a user perspective), is to make the Location tab the active (in-focus) tab while saving a QSO.
This was a much worse descriptoin of the problem before it was re-written, of course.
Since the issues are the same, I can't understand the point of having both activate. But today's checkin should resolve both, as well.
I think this is fixed with this checkin:
|2018-07-31 04:54||g3ucq||New Issue|
|2018-08-01 10:15||K7ZCZ||Assigned To||=> K7ZCZ|
|2018-08-01 10:15||K7ZCZ||Status||new => resolved|
|2018-08-01 10:15||K7ZCZ||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2018-08-01 10:15||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0005898|
|2018-08-01 10:15||K7ZCZ||Relationship added||duplicate of 0002824|
|2018-08-01 13:41||g3ucq||Note Added: 0005900|
|2018-08-03 22:58||KB3NPH||Steps to Reproduce Updated||View Revisions|
|2018-08-03 22:59||KB3NPH||Steps to Reproduce Updated||View Revisions|
|2018-08-04 00:19||WA9PIE||Status||resolved => assigned|
|2018-08-04 00:19||WA9PIE||Resolution||fixed => open|
|2018-08-04 00:19||WA9PIE||Note Added: 0005915|
|2018-08-04 21:39||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0005937|
|2018-08-04 21:39||K7ZCZ||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2018-08-04 21:39||K7ZCZ||Resolution||open => duplicate|
|2018-08-04 21:39||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0005938|
|2018-08-08 18:20||K7ZCZ||Project||1 - Backlog => 3 - Current Dev List|
|2018-08-08 18:21||K7ZCZ||Fixed in Version||=> 184.108.40.2065|
|2018-08-09 23:03||WA9PIE||Status||resolved => closed|
|2018-08-09 23:03||WA9PIE||Testing||Not Started => Beta Successful|
|2018-08-09 23:03||WA9PIE||Project||3 - Current Dev List => Ham Radio Deluxe|
|2019-03-06 20:06||WA9PIE||Fixed in Version||220.127.116.115 => 18.104.22.1686|