View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
00030653 - Current Dev ListEnhancementpublic2019-09-16 19:39
ReporterWA9PIEAssigned ToWA9PIE 
PrioritynormalSeverityfeatureReproducibilityN/A
Status resolvedResolutionfixed 
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version6.7.0.226 
Summary0003065: Add all fields to the Callsign Lookup function's Test tab
DescriptionI think this is a fantastic addition. But once we have the full list of all fields, we should include them in the results.

We should include Logbook in this. With these being reported in the order in which they are enabled, it will be a very useful test tool. We'll be able to see what's happening very clearly. I don't think this needs to be completed until we revise the Callsign Lookup function.
TagsNo tags attached.
ModuleLogbook
Sub-ModuleCall lookup
Testing Beta Failed

Relationships

related to 0003047 closedK7ZCZ Ham Radio Deluxe move "Test" feature of Logbook's Callsign Lookup config to its own property page 
related to 0003001 resolvedK7ZCZ 3 - Current Dev List Callsign lookup function does not appear to be working as designed 

Activities

K7ZCZ

2019-01-13 17:33

administrator   ~0006990

Please open a separate Mantis issue for the change to include the Logbook in the test. It is different work than collecting and presenting all of the columns. Having multiple problems in the same Mantis issue makes tracking work difficult.

K7ZCZ

2019-01-14 18:10

administrator   ~0006996

Also, are we sure we want to do this? There are about 20 fields form each source, and there are some not in common so maybe a set of 35 or so unique fields. That's very wide. Isn't it better to show the most common fields?

WA9PIE

2019-06-17 14:35

administrator   ~0008122

Can we do it with a horizontal scroll bar?

K7ZCZ

2019-08-24 12:53

administrator   ~0008434

fixed in the 6.7 tree with the rest of the 3001 work, plus this checkin:
https://hrdsoftware.visualstudio.com/HRD/_versionControl/changeset/5128

g3ucq

2019-09-03 07:49

updater   ~0008503

Problem. I add a callsign under the Test tab and the data is shown
I then add a different callsign but the previous callsign's data is also shown.

WA9PIE

2019-09-14 01:20

administrator   ~0008549

The "logfile" button in the Callsign Lookup tab's "Test" window no longer works.

Part of this change was to "lock" the "HRD Country list" at the bottom of the options. We need to do this to avoid problems related to having the least specific option being moved above others.

There are problems where the QRZ data is not being populated per the specification (Callsign Lookup 3.1). So I pulled the last spreadsheet about this and highlighted the relevant items in yellow (with one addition - we had not put HRD Country Number in the spec; I've added it). Basically, the repro on this is to take an extreme case like K5K with my log entries loaded (K5K.ADI) and you can see the difference. But using QRZ.com, the Country, Continent, and HRD Country Number are not being populated per the spec.

Depending on which lookup option is enabled first, the fields in the test pane show up in a different order. This makes it really hard to test.

For these items, I'm going to fail this and we can tweak it.

K5K example.png (69,809 bytes)
K5K example.png (69,809 bytes)
CallsignLookupMapping32.xlsx (25,244 bytes)
K5K.ADI (6,131 bytes)

K7ZCZ

2019-09-16 19:38

administrator   ~0008556

These issues are all different than this issue, which tracks adding all fields to the list control in the test tab:


  • The "logfile" button in the Callsign Lookup tab's "Test" window no longer works.

  • Part of this change was to "lock" the "HRD Country list" at the bottom of the options.

  • Depending on which lookup option is enabled first, the fields in the test pane show up in a different order.

  • There are problems where the QRZ data is not being populated per the specification (Callsign Lookup 3.1).

  • I then add a different callsign but the previous callsign's data is also shown.


 
Using separate Mantis issues for each individual issue will facilitate tracking and testing, and expedite a fix.

Since the fundamental issue of showing the fields is fixed, I'm marking this issue resolved.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2019-01-13 15:42 WA9PIE New Issue
2019-01-13 15:42 WA9PIE Status new => assigned
2019-01-13 15:42 WA9PIE Assigned To => K7ZCZ
2019-01-13 15:46 WA9PIE Relationship added related to 0003047
2019-01-13 17:33 K7ZCZ Assigned To K7ZCZ => WA9PIE
2019-01-13 17:33 K7ZCZ Status assigned => new
2019-01-13 17:33 K7ZCZ Note Added: 0006990
2019-01-14 18:10 K7ZCZ Status new => feedback
2019-01-14 18:10 K7ZCZ Note Added: 0006996
2019-06-17 14:35 WA9PIE Note Added: 0008122
2019-06-17 14:35 WA9PIE Assigned To WA9PIE => K7ZCZ
2019-08-24 12:53 K7ZCZ Status feedback => resolved
2019-08-24 12:53 K7ZCZ Resolution open => fixed
2019-08-24 12:53 K7ZCZ Note Added: 0008434
2019-08-24 12:53 K7ZCZ Relationship added related to 0003001
2019-08-30 13:31 K7ZCZ Fixed in Version => 6.7.0.226
2019-09-03 07:49 g3ucq Note Added: 0008503
2019-09-14 01:20 WA9PIE File Added: K5K example.png
2019-09-14 01:20 WA9PIE File Added: CallsignLookupMapping32.xlsx
2019-09-14 01:20 WA9PIE File Added: K5K.ADI
2019-09-14 01:20 WA9PIE Note Added: 0008549
2019-09-14 01:20 WA9PIE Status resolved => feedback
2019-09-14 01:20 WA9PIE Resolution fixed => reopened
2019-09-14 01:20 WA9PIE Testing Not Started => Beta Failed
2019-09-16 19:38 K7ZCZ Note Added: 0008556
2019-09-16 19:38 K7ZCZ Assigned To K7ZCZ => WA9PIE
2019-09-16 19:39 K7ZCZ Status feedback => resolved
2019-09-16 19:39 K7ZCZ Resolution reopened => fixed