View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
00031873 - Current Dev ListBugpublic2019-10-23 08:16
ReporterKB3NPHAssigned ToWA9PIE 
PriorityhighSeveritymajorReproducibilityunable to reproduce
Status resolvedResolutionduplicate 
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0003187: V6.5.0.187 to 6.5.0.190 has problems with the Callsign Lookup Pane in the Logbook.
DescriptionTicket #276027 - The customer in this ticket has included many images in the ticket demonstrating the problem he is having. I have made every effort to reproduce the issue he is seeing but am unable to. Today I finally convinced the customer to allow me to remote into his computer to see first-hand the problem he is reporting.

What is happening is the customer enters a callsign in the Logbook Lookup pane and clicks TAB. Sometimes the lookup is done correctly, other times in the Licensee information it will show remnants of TWO callsigns. For example, we put my call (KB3NPH) in the lookup pane call field and hit the TAB key and it populated all the information correctly. We then entered a different callsign in the Lookup Pane call filed, hit the TAB key and in the Licensee information it displayed part of my information (Timothy A_) followed by some other name not even related to the callsign that was entered.

You can see this issue in the OSTicket since the customer has sent many images of what he is getting. I also sent images to him demonstrating that I could not replicate the problem.

Guess this is going to be one of those "bears" to resolve.
TagsNo tags attached.
ModuleLogbook
Sub-ModuleCall lookup
TestingNot Started

Relationships

duplicate of 0003484 closedWA9PIE Call sign lookup not working correctly or will freeze Logbook 
related to 0003001 assignedWA9PIE Callsign lookup function does not appear to be working as designed 
related to 0003486 assignedK7ZCZ In V6.7.0.232 Callsign Lookup Pane does not populate 

Activities

K7ZCZ

2019-02-20 11:46

administrator   ~0007459

The title implies that this issue is fixed in builds after 6.5.0.190. That seems an odd thing to open a bug about -- what's the title really mean?

WA9PIE

2019-10-06 18:34

administrator   ~0008760

I don't understand the references to prior versions. But in the current 6.7 beta releases, the lookup pane doesn't work at all.

WA9PIE

2019-10-23 08:16

administrator   ~0008975

I'm considering canceling this issue. It will get resolved with a more recent and comprehensive Mantis issue.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2019-02-19 11:05 KB3NPH New Issue
2019-02-20 11:46 K7ZCZ Note Added: 0007459
2019-02-28 16:08 WA9PIE Relationship added related to 0003001
2019-03-02 00:26 WA9PIE Assigned To => WA9PIE
2019-03-02 00:26 WA9PIE Status new => acknowledged
2019-10-06 18:33 WA9PIE Project 1 - Backlog => 3 - Current Dev List
2019-10-06 18:34 WA9PIE Note Added: 0008760
2019-10-12 17:06 K7ZCZ Status acknowledged => resolved
2019-10-12 17:06 K7ZCZ Resolution open => duplicate
2019-10-12 17:06 K7ZCZ Relationship added duplicate of 0003484
2019-10-16 00:23 K7ZCZ Relationship added related to 0003486
2019-10-23 08:16 WA9PIE Note Added: 0008975