View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003510||Ham Radio Deluxe||Bug||public||2019-10-22 18:52||2019-11-08 02:32|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||220.127.116.11|
|Summary||0003510: Some HamCall.net fields are not being populated|
|Description||When the HamCall.net callsign lookup method is enabled, some fields that are returned from the query to HamCall.net are not being populated into the ALE as follows:|
- COL_ADDRESS is missing Country at the bottom of the address. It should be populated with:
Michael G Carper, WA9PIE
Po Box 995
Prosper, TX 75078
- COL_QSL_VIA is missing QSL manager from field 208. It should be populated with "Direct, LOTW" without quotes.
- COL_QSO_AGE is missing the calculation of age. It should be populated with "58" without quotes, based on the caculation of current year minus the contents of field 194.
- COL_QSO_EMAIL is missing the data from field 207. It should be populated with "email@example.com" without quotes.
- COL_QSO_IOTA is missing the data from field 218. It should be populated with "NA-001" without the quotes.
- COL_LON is missing the data from field 201. It should be "-96.79" without the quotes. There is a number in the upper ALE, but there is no data in the "Lon" field in the "Location" tabe of the ALE. The data in the upper ALE seems to be coming from the Country List insteat of being populated.
- COL_QSO_QTH is missing the data from field 191. It should be populated with "Prosper" without quotes.
Further investigation of the data in field 251 (CQZ) and 252 (ITUZ) have rendered is unusable because the data contains more than one numeric value. (It contains all the zone values for a given country. Thus, we can't use it.) I'm changing the fiel mapping spec accordingly.
|Steps To Reproduce||I repro this in the 18.104.22.168 beta build.|
- Open up Logbook
- Setup Callsign Lookup by Tools > Configure > Callsign Lookup and make sure that HamCall.net is the only Enabled method listed above Country List in Enabled Methods
- Click "Ok"
- Open an ALE
- Enter the callsign "WA9PIE" (without the quotes)
- Press the "Lookup" button or hit tab
Result: These fields are populated in the respective fields in the ALE
|Additional Information||This one was difficult for me to collect data on because the format of the data returned from HamCall.net is not similar to the XML format used by other systems. So I did the best I could with this one.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
||It's not clear to me what you want done with the CQZ and ITUZ fields. How do I get a copy of the revised spec so I can see the changes you've made?|
For the HamCall.net method, we cannot use the data for CQZ (251) and ITUZ (252) because the data in that field contains more than one zone. As such, it's not specific. Because it's not specific, it's invalid by nature.
So for the HamCall.net method, leave the CQZ and ITUZ empty and ignore the data in fields 251 and 252 respectively.
I'm attaching a tracking copy of the spec. You can ignore the highlighting in this file. I'm using it to give me a place to come back and test. I'm trying to update this as we learn new things so that - when we're done - we'll have an "as-built" copy of the field mapping spec.
CallsignLookupMapping4x.xlsx (25,809 bytes)
The spreadsheet specification says to use field #209 for the country name in the mailing list. On the WA9PIE record I get back, that field is blank, so this is behaving per the spec.
The other fields are fixed with this checkin:
||Thanks. I'll do some testing of other calls. I think I need to tweak this part of the spec, because we get Country from the cross-reference to the Country List and that's where the country should come from, not field 209 (and that's my bad).|
I'm going to close this.
There is one minor problem where the country is not added below the address. This is due to a mistake that I made in the field mapping spec. We'll deal with it later through another Mantis issue. (It is not serious)
This is otherwise done.
|2019-10-22 18:52||WA9PIE||New Issue|
|2019-10-22 18:52||WA9PIE||Status||new => assigned|
|2019-10-22 18:52||WA9PIE||Assigned To||=> K7ZCZ|
|2019-10-22 19:03||WA9PIE||Relationship added||child of 0003001|
|2019-10-25 09:32||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0009016|
|2019-10-25 09:32||K7ZCZ||Assigned To||K7ZCZ => WA9PIE|
|2019-10-25 09:32||K7ZCZ||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2019-10-25 10:01||WA9PIE||File Added: CallsignLookupMapping4x.xlsx|
|2019-10-25 10:01||WA9PIE||Note Added: 0009017|
|2019-10-25 10:02||WA9PIE||Assigned To||WA9PIE => K7ZCZ|
|2019-10-26 09:39||K7ZCZ||Note Added: 0009021|
|2019-10-26 10:09||K7ZCZ||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2019-10-26 10:09||K7ZCZ||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2019-10-26 20:02||WA9PIE||Note Added: 0009026|
|2019-10-29 03:33||WA9PIE||Status||resolved => closed|
|2019-10-29 03:33||WA9PIE||Fixed in Version||=> 22.214.171.124|
|2019-10-29 03:33||WA9PIE||Testing||Not Started => Beta Successful|
|2019-10-29 03:33||WA9PIE||Note Added: 0009056|
|2019-11-04 21:57||K7ZCZ||Relationship added||related to 0003545|
|2019-11-08 02:10||WA9PIE||Fixed in Version||126.96.36.199 => 188.8.131.52|
|2019-11-08 02:32||WA9PIE||Project||3 - Current Dev List => Ham Radio Deluxe|